Duct tape, foil tape, masking tape…not all tapes are created equal! Having the right tape for your HVAC job is crucial to ensure a successful and safe project.
So what are the consequences of using the wrong tape for your HVAC project?
- The system becomes susceptible to air leaks and failure
- The system fails the inspection
- Indoor air quality becomes a concern due to contaminants
- The system’s lifespan is shortened
- High electric bills
- Call-backs to fix issues
- Damage to your reputation as a contractor
- Loss of business and tax incentives
Taking the time to do your research before choosing a tape will save you time and money in the long run.